Tuesday, March 23, 2010

March 22, 2010

-The pizza today definitely smelt like pizza! This is unusual for our cafeteria, I actually gave this pizza a 9 on the school cafeteria chart. It was very impressive all around. The only thing holding it back was the unused potential in (well not in, if it was in there it would have gotten a 10) the crust. Accompanying the great pizza was chocolate cake(obviously dry) with chocolate frosting (obviously unused chocolate pudding from yesterday), and tater tots. Tater tots are a cafeteria classic, and I will not stand! for any word to be said in vein of these holy sacraments.
-As for how my day went, it was like a rocket ship. It launched off magnificently, then it dropped it's pods. Just as I was distracted by the pods falling (my day decreasing in quality), I realized, even though the pods are down. The rocket, is still up, and in fact, even higher. My blog post will elaborate on that analogy.
-I woke up in a mad dash, a late rush to school. I zipped through my morning routine and then sped all the way to school; really, really fast. Surprisingly, almost as if a holy day had just been played on my life, I somehow made it to class on time, with time to spear. I felt like the boss. (I am the boss, I have an essay backing me up on it, if you request to see it, I can email you it.)
-In math I did nothing, that was a great feeling, my brain ran blank as my eyes went back and fourth, it was the classic "I'm absolutely paying attention ploy" that teachers always buy. In English we had a debate over capital punishment. Although it felt more like a confidence booster session because all we did was compliment each others' ideas. It was a great idea to try to have a debate, but we all had the same viewpoint, and it butchered what could have been a sick debate. In French there was only four people, so we didn't do much.
-Then came lunch. It seemed like a very normal lunch. My food was great and everything, I was having a good time. Then I heard a loud noise. I looked over suspecting but hoping not to see, what I saw. It was my autistic brother having a meltdown in front of the entire barbaric student population. The whole cafeteria momentarily went silent as we watched my brother flip out. I assume they pestered him with questions he couldn't comprehend and pushed him over the edge. Either way, I wished to be able to go up and help him out, because his aids aren't that great at calming him down, but I figured to the rest of the un-compassionate student body this was just a nameless "retard" flipping his shit. If I were to throw myself into it, I feared it would have made it a more memorable event by putting a recognizable identity into the situation. So I sat back in horror and watched the cafeteria mock him. The cafeteria which I once viewed as being monkeys. Slowly turned into Hinayanas, and then into plain, fliat out, gruesome monsters. Emotionally they just picked him apart, reenacting the scene, laughing every time. They just couldn't get enough of it. I felt myself sinking into my seat, and I was glad that select people knew he was my brother, and spared the insults, at least for behind my back. The worst part for me was watching the kids who spared no dignity for my brother in any regard, rip him apart. They completely disregard the fact that he has no way of standing up or defending himself, and even if they noticed, they wouldn't care. It is these type of people that sicken me deep into my very inner core. Hearing his and my last name being used as a joke, I couldn't understand how anyone in the room even thought it was remotely funny. The most I could do was hold back tears and give a few death glares, then, the bell rang and the nightmare was momentarily over.
-I returned to French (the second half of it) and sat silently in my seat. Everyone else sat silently as well. We all knew what was running through their heads, and they all knew what was in mine. Although, the awkward silence was then disrupted by the one thing that could have brought us lower. My brother was in the room directly next store, and the only sound besides typing, that echoed through the silent French room, was the sound of him weeping. Then suddenly he had another outburst, you could tell he was frustrated and having another breakdown, and from what I heard, it seemed that they pinned him down until he calmed. I hate when they do this, I know it makes them feel safer, but it usually only makes the situation worse.
-Although stuck captive in a hostile environment I wished not to be in, the most urgent wish I have ever felt before, I knew I couldn't leave. Next block was a physics test, which I last minute studied for and did alright, but it was really hard.
-After school I hung out with some friends in a basement for a bit, that was fun, although out of my list of favorite materials. I don't think cement is on there, and this basement was constructed of cement, although, then I realized that it actually wasn't, it was a fun time. This lasted half an hour until I went to the dentist, who gave me a prefect rating like usual, the only thing that was missing was my sticker. I guess I'm to old for those now, in their minds anyways.
-Then came the pinnacle of my day, the real turning point I had been wishing for to happen all week - Ultimate Frisbee. It was a practice, just as if any other sport. Except the drills were fun, and I didn't feel stressed. I had more than the amount of fun I had estimated, it helped me overcome the previous challenges of the day and inspired me to invite friends over to my house.
-I only made one fatal error. I forgot to wear underwear. I'll explain further. I had my friends over, and I went to change out of my spandex shorts things and actual shorts in a hurry: I threw on pants, but forgot underwear. Nothing came of this except for the awkward gremlins ripin' turf up in my head reminding me that I was butt naked under my pants! It was an experience of the different kind.
-Now it is 11:01p.m. and I am about to start my homework, I'm glad today happened, but am appreciative it is over. I'm upset due to the fact that I had been working on having a more positive outlook towards a lot of certain people in the school, most of which had their view from me crushed today during my brothers incident. I only consider this a reminder that ignorance is one of the few things binding our world together. It's sad but true, for example: If everyone was completely knowledgeable about the barbarians we're releasing into society after high school, they would cry.
-I end my day about to wash my feet, and regret what will be the act of having to wake up early for student senate tomorrow. I'm also thirsty, but I will drink something momentarily. "Today was sure an experience" ~me

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about Trevor I wish I was there to knock some faces in. People are just losers.

    ReplyDelete