Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April 14, 2010

-Before I post this entry, I have to apologize for not enlightening (the very few) reader of my blog about yesterday. Maybe I will go back and write it in a past form, so keep your eyes peeled, but for now I will elaborate on today's eventful day.
-(this will not be about the lunch, I want this entry to be like a story)I woke up early to bring my crepe mix and crepe maker into class, confused? Let me break it down for you. So yesterday I received word that we were not going to do math in math class. My whole class had decided to boycott learning, of course we couldn't just out right not learn. We needed something to move onto instead of learning. We decided to throw a surprise party, except the only person surprised would be the teacher. So, I batched together a bit of crepe mix and decided that would be my contribution. This went along with a good hour or so of back and fourth planning through a facebook discussion. Back to Today.
-So I woke up very early, half an hour earlier than usual to make sure I could be early to set up the "surprise". Although I had the crepes, there was also cake chips popcorn soda cookies and more, it was great. So we all waited for the teacher to open her room, and then get her coffee. While getting her coffee I took the initiative, because no one else really wanted to, to put everything on a table in the middle of our class. At this point there was no going back, it was all or bust. Luckily it was all! The teacher came back to a nice surprise. She was happy at our idea, but also informed us that she is at a part in her career right now where she is under heavy scrutiny. She said if we don't learn today, she will be fired. So we all felt bad and went along with learning for about a minute, but somehow we shifted the class back into a party. It was smooth sailing from there. I used all of my crepe mix and had a ton of fun, plus 0% learning happened, it was great.
-The bell rang and i almost skipped off to English, I was in such a good mood, but it was not made to last. Although my English teacher is a great person, and a riot outside of school, in school he's something else. We got there, and immediately sunk into debating gun control (which I finally finished that huge essay about it yesterday). This was fine, and had potential, but again my whole group agreed on everything, it was pointless. Then we were promised something fun at the end of class, but all we got was multiple choice questions about an excerpt from an author who I took a liking to. Still though, questions aren't fun.... After what seemed to be 1000 sun spot cycles and a leap more, the class finally ended. This only led to a much alike boring French class, which I won't mention to much.
-Then the second half of French, the fun started to come! We played French Pictionary. I was very good at this and had an amazing time, but then the bell rang. Again, it was not meant to last. I went down to physics which was boring, nothing else needs to be said, until the second half. Then we watched a very old school video about these top notch scientists and magnetism. One talked very smart, one was called "Beans", they'd say "Beans, give it more poop" which I guess was what they called juice, or energy. Then there was my favorite, a man who didn't talk much, but manged to be in the background of almost every scene, a man with a pipe. he looked like a classic scientist, I was impressed. Then in the middle of this film, my teacher stopped it to point something out, I was expecting it to be educational. What he said though, was he pointed out that the phone had just rang, and this top notch scientist, the best one in the country at the time (or one of the best) had simply blown off whoever called. My teacher made the point that he was such a good scientist, it very well might have been the president calling, and this guy just blew him off.
-BING, schools out. Thank god, that was an eventful, but seemingly snail passed kind of day. I then went to Amnesty. We discussed the trip on Friday, which starts at 3am and ends roughly around the same time 24 hours later. It is a long ride and tough trip, but human rights is worth it. After this, I went swimming. Although I was the only one there most of the time, two track girls came in and water jogged while I swam. I didn't like this, it made me feel like I was being watched and lowered my confidence, but sure enough I got a mile done. I should have done more, but I got there late, plus my friend who was suppose to meet me their and swim with me, never showed. I assume he went to the Ultimate game I couldn't make (or didn't want to make) that had came up last minute today.
- I then went to Walmart to buy my supplies, which was a very funny part, in terms of my day. I wandered around looking for supplies, while my friend (I've referenced so many friends by this point, I'm sorry for the confusion) unconspicuously turned everything he found up side down. He didn't care about getting kicked out, I really enjoyed it, but deep inside I knew that I really did car about getting kicked out. Just something in me knew that the employees already get harassed by the company, and I would only make there lives harder by acting funny, and that flipping things over hurts the employees not the company. Even though this wasn't for me, it was deffinetley fun to watch. I also enjoyed when he took a huge ball, and just threw it and then walked to a different isle calmly, and nobody cared, it was hilarious.
-Following this I went to his house where I planned out the final doings of the Grande Sandwich Hunt. I had my same friend from Walmart, help me decide if they made enough sense to use, and we revised them to be usable, it was good to have the help.
-After this I got a phone call from my mom talking about my uncle, apparently he was serious when he said he wanted to buy me a laptop, so I'm getting one for free, how cool is that? The downside was, that I had to call him with more of an idea of what I wanted. I was fine with this, but calling was harder than I though. First I called the wrong number, it was some girl named Aaron, she was very nice. Then I attempted again, it was Aaron again. We actually had a short conversation about me calling the same wrong number twice, she was very nice. Then i got a hold of my uncle and things went as would be expected, we talked about specifications and stuff, I thanked him a bunch, blah blah blah. I'm thankful for the laptop, but I doubt this portion is worth reading, so I continue....
-As I hung up the phone, I saw ANOTHER friend on a walk. It just so happened I had made the call while standing on a roof, so seeing him was easy. We had a good conversation, then we taught him how to drive a car in a graveyard, I was impressed. He did very well for his first time.
-This ended in 20 minutes which then led me to set up the Grande Sandwich Hunt. I had a lot of fun doing this, I set it up with an adequateness I know. Well I thought he was an acquaintance, I had heard a lot about him, both good and bad. But ultimatley, it is you who has to decide. I really like him, I decided. He is a very similar person to, in terms of where we are in life, we are basically in the same position. Although that "position" isn't something I really want to get into for public viewing, I'll leave it at saying we had a lot more in common than I thought we did. Then my mom called up raging like a hurricane WHERE ARE YOU, She was upset I wasn't home, I explained to her, and then she was only enraged, instead of hurricane level. Her calling me caused me to put my phone back in a less secure spot, which was horrible. Because it fell out of my pocket, and it took me a good 15 minutes for me and my friend (former adequateness) to find it. I was actually leaving back to my car as I heard it's "I'm dying, no battery, give me attention" noise. it was the only time I enjoyed that noise.
-I don't even remember my lunch, wow....
-I sit here exhausted, still having to type an FRQ for history. My feet are cleaned, they feel nice, I already have a drink, I only need to finish this homework. Thanks for reading this huge entry, at least someone did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment