Sunday, June 6, 2010

june 5, 2010

-So yeah, I haven't posted for a bit, but i obviously am now.
-Today was an eventful day, I'll start fromt he beginning. I want to go through the whole day because, well i just do.
-I woke up at 930ish when my mom woke me and demanded I go out and buy milk (in the torrential downpour) s my grandparents could mix t in their coffee. So I got in the car and it seemed as though ll the windows were open, I then wiped off all the water and got the milk. Next I hung around all day and got ready for prom, prom was today. I spent a very long time getting ready, and also secretly trying to avoid my grandparents. My grandma is to artificial and superficial, while my grandpa thinks I'm an idiot. At one point today he literally gave me hedge clippers, and showed me how to use them. That was up there with the time he "taught" me how gravity pulled down gutters towards the ground.
-Well I hopped in my tux to let my grandparents see me in it, we took pictures. My grandma was convinced I should be a model. So much so she is legitimately sending pictures of me in my tux to a modeling agency. It was flattering but insane haha.
-Then I left early to hang out with my friend before prom, it was fun, plus anything was better than being pestered by family. You know what though, my grandparents came all the way up to bring me a new car, so I'm really just being a brat complaining about that stuff, because they were very generous and I can't be appreciative enough.
-At my friends house, I met his dad first. i really liked him. The first conversation I had with him was about how he went puddle hopping with the kid next store to teach him how to have fun. From what it sounded like, the kid he tutored in fun had boring parents, and this guy actually went as far as to jump in a puddle with his loafers on. To show this kid how to have fun. The rest of his family as nice too.
-Then we drove tot he pre pro party. All the guys arrived like 10 minutes late or so, but it didn't matter. We were all standing around for about 15 minutes to half an hour waiting for the girls to come downstairs. They were all getting ready together. I also didn't know anyone so I just stood their kind of awkwardly. Before they even came down they took us outside and took pictures of us. Everyone looked great. Then after 11 people or so taking a ridiculous amount of pictures from every angle, we turned around and all the sudden the girls were there.
-I felt so realized, to actually be with my girlfriend was to actually have someone I know there to be with. I knew that one other kid I got together with before prom, but he was socializing with all his other friends most of the time, which I didn't blame him for. Well, we took pictures for about half an hour, I'll have to post them later maybe. Then I gave her the corsage, she liked it, and she gave me the boutonniere. It was very difficult to put on, I had about 7 different people try, it only had come with one pin instead of 2. And everyone said "this is a horrible pin" I didn't understood what was wrong with it, but ti wasn't working. Then my girlfriends dad tried it by bending the pin to keep it in, when he pressed on it, he stabbed me. Hahaha, it was a funny ice breaker (but painful).
-Then we went to Friendly's and ate for a while, that went on until the dance started, we were 15 minutes late, or what most call: "fashionably late". After walking in, it hit me that barley anyone knew me. I could act however int he world I wanted, and it would go over well at this dance, I'd be just another guy. So I decided to go all out with the dancing. I was a dance machine. i'm usually a very conservative dancer but me and my girlfriend were crazy dancing the whole time, although I usually look down on people doing that, it was really fun. We weren't having intercourse ont he dance floor, just to clarify. But we were crazy dancing. I also got to the point today where kissing her isn't one of those awkward once in a while things. That was a nice barrier to get over. Another reason it was so fun though was because the (hue) group of friends we went with turned out to be all really cool people. I enjoyed meeting them.
-Before I left I realized someone had taken my tux jacket. So I waited for everyone to leave and took the last one there, and I'm going to contact that place, because I bet that guy will try to turn in my jacket there. Luckily I took the money out of the jacket and put it in my pocket because I felt like something along those lines would happen. Then I realized one of my cufflinks fell out, and my shoes and socks were at my friends house. My that I mean my not dress up ones. So I was basically trashed, but I had an awesome time despite it.
-After going for 3 hours nonstop dancing, we got ice cream at Friendly's (again), and then we went to an after party. We watched "Bugs Life" and my girlfriend actually fell asleep for some of it while holding my hand. I didn't realize for a while though because she wasn't snorring, so that was funny.
-Now Im about to go to sleep, I really had an amazing time. i can't believe I was nervous about this whole deal. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment